UGC NET Exam Notification – DEC 2013
|Last Date to apply online
||4 Nov, 2013
|Last Date for submission of Fee through online Generated Bank Challan
||07 Nov, 2013
|Last Date of taking print out of Application Form, Attendence Slip & Admit Card
||10 Nov, 2013
UGC (University Grant Commission) invites application for NET( National Education Testing) Examination Dec-2013. The NET examination will be conducted in December 2013. The registration process dates have been extended.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.06.2013. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD/OBC (Non-creamy layer, categories and to women applicants.
- Lectureship: There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UGC NET:
- Candidates who have secured a minimum of 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible foe UGC NET Dec-2013. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured a minimum of 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for UGC NET-2013.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. . Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in UGC NET Dec-2013.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category should attest the copy of category certificate and attach it with the online application. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for UGC NET Dec-2013.
How to apply:
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test must apply online
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the Scanned passport size photograph in JPEG format of less than 300 kb.
- After filling all the details for applying online for NET, the computer will automatically generate your ‘Bank Challan’ indicating your details therein A print out of this Bank Challan may be taken by the candidate for payment through cash, on the next working day at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) alongwith bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/-
For detailed information about how to apply click here.
Note:ENCLOSURES TO BE SENT WITH THE APPLICATION
The candidates should send the following documents with printout on separate A-4 size papers of their online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) :
1.Copy of bank challan (UGC Copy).
2. Attested copies of SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PWD)/ OBC (Non creamy layer) certificates, in case applicable.
3. Certificate of educational qualification/research experience, in case applicable, entitling the candidate for age relaxation, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Scheme of test:
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions .
PAPER 1: shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
PAPER 2: shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
PAPER 3: will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with the Test Booklet.
General Candidates: Rs.450/-
SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs. 110/-
The candidate is to fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, UGC Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification
The general instruction regarding this very examination is available here.
For regular updates regarding UGC NET DEC-2013 Please do Visit the Site.
For Detailed Information Click Here.
Do like us on Facebook to get regular updates.
Click here for UGC NET DEC 2013 Syllabus